Thank you to our Cornerstone community for your support as we navigate this pandemic together. Cornerstone is dedicated to the health and safety of our teachers, faculty, students and their families. This page will be used to update the Cornerstone community about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and the District’s response and procedures. Because the status of COVID-19 is rapidly changing both here in the U.S. and abroad, we are continually monitoring the situation. Please check back often for the latest COVID-19 information on what Cornerstone is doing to prevent, respond and provide resources about COVID-19. If you have any questions regarding Cornerstone’s COVID-19 response plan and specifics to your child’s school, please contact: Kalyani Bhatt at Kalyani.Bhatt@CEGSchools.org or by calling (734) 812-8583.
- Teachers are using a variety of programs to facilitate online learning available through ClassLink.
- Online Classroom Access: my.classlink.com/cegmi
- Login Information: Use your student Google credentials to login. If you do not have student Google login credentials, please reach out to your students’ homeroom or advisory teacher to request them.
- To view additional technology resources, please view the Technology Guide here.
A Message from clark durant
Cornerstone Schools is working with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and the Detroit Health Department (DHD) to closely monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The health and safety of all students, staff and families is our top priority. The MDHHS is continuing to coordinate with public health authorities that are taking the lead on educating and support resources.
We understand that many of our staff, students and families have questions and concerns. To best ensure you and your family remain healthy, always practice good hygiene habits:
1. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
2. Be sure to wear a mask when indoors in public, including any instances when you may visit the schools
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
4. Avoid close contact with people who are sick
5. Stay home when you are sick
7. Frequently clean commonly used objects or surfaces
6. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and wash your hands
CEG will continue to keep staff, students and families updated and will promptly advise should any additional precautions become necessary. If anything should change, we will communicate with you in the same manner we do for inclement weather.
If you have concerns about you or your child’s health, please contact a medical practitioner or the Detroit Health Department’s Outbreak Response Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (313) 876-0705.
We plan to share additional updates and resources frequently.
Founder and CEO
Cornerstone parent communications
- We’d like to thank you for your support and assistance as we work together to continue providing the best education possible in a virtual environment. Please help ensure your student is actively engaged in learning by explaining the following to your student(s):
- Cameras ON during Zoom calls
- Find a quiet place to help concentrate (this also helps respect at home privacy)
- Student profile pictures should be appropriate
- Stay ON MUTE when not speaking
- The student code of conduct applies to the virtual learning environment, and inappropriate behavior will have consequences.
Below are the most recent communications regarding Cornerstone’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- ONLINE RESOURCES
Create a new section with available online resources.
- Michigan Cares – Emotional & Mental Wellbeing Resources
- Cornerstone Academic Digital Resources
- Charter School COVID-19 FAQ
- Family Resources For Learning At Home
- MDHHS Recommendations for COVID-19 (3/11/2020)
- MDE COVID-19 Updated Guidance (3/11/2020)
- Michigan Department of Education COVID-19 Education Information and Resources
- MI Safe Schools: Michigan’s 2020-21 Return to School Roadmap
COVID-19 Positive Case Updates
This table is updated within 24 hours of receiving a reported positive or probable case.
|–||–||–||Nov 6||Nov 17||Oct 26|
|–||–||–||–||Dec 1||Nov 17|
|–||–||–||–||Dec 4||Dec 8|
|Total cases since 10/12||0||0||0||1||3||3|
My family lacks food resources during this time of virtual learning. How will Cornerstone Education Group help?
How can I best support my young scholar(s) with virtual learning?
My child is having an issue with their Chromebook. What should I do?
A. We have a technology guide available here. If you are having further trouble, please connect with your child’s teacher.
What if my child feels anxious about COVID-19?
Here are some additional resources you can use to talk with your child about COVID-19